International Students

IntroductionTravel & ImmigrationPreparationYour ArrivalLiving & Getting Around in MalaysiaContacts


ATC is a private institute of Higher Learning which is licensed and approved by Government of Malaysia.ATC (KL Campus Only) welcomes applications from international students to undertake the various courses and programmes it offers.

Any foreign student intending to study in Malaysia is required a Student Pass. Application to study in ATC KL and obtain a Student Pass can be made DIRECTLY to the college through EMGS System ( ).

Documents required for foreign Students Application via EMGS

International Students who wish to enrol into ATC have to complete an application form (which can be obtained from the college) and attach to it the following documents:

  • A certified true copy of his/her certificate/diploma
  • A certified true copy of his/her academic transcripts
  • Photocopy of his/her passport (all pages) – 2 sets
  • 6 coloured passport sized photographs (50mm height x 35mm wide only with blue background)
  • Release letter from previous University/College (for applicants who are currently studying at a different University/College in Malaysia only)
  • ATC Registration fee of RM 800 to RM 3000 (Depends of the course)
  • EMGS application fees of RM 2,500 (inclusive of processing fee, insurance, health screening & student visa
  • Bond fees ( ) for issuing a personal bond on behalf of the student. This sum will be refunded to the student upon the student:-
  • Completing his/her study
  • Providing a copy of his/her return flight ticket or
  • Providing an offer letter from another education institution in Malaysia
  • Providing a letter to terminate his/her student visa.

Upon compilation of the above documents, the college will then submit the application to EMGS (Education Malaysia Global Services). The students will be informed by the college directly on their application status.

Travel & Immigration

Student Pass and Passport Requirements

Your passport must have minimum validity of 12 months beyond the period of stay when you enter Malaysia.

You must give at least 6 (six) weeks notice for processing applications of Student Pass.

Students are permitted to hold only one pass at a time, i.e. the Student Pass.

The Student Pass is non-transferable and permits you to study only at ATC. The pass is valid for 1 (one) year and is renewable while you remain as a student at ATC.

Note that the cost of Student Pass application as charged by EMGS (Education Malaysia Global Services) will be borne by the student.

Visa Requirements

You are advised to check on visa requirements at the Embassy or Consulate of Malaysia’s Office nearest to you. You will usually be given a 14-day special pass while waiting for the student pass stamp on your passport.

Nationals from China have to apply for and obtain a visa from the Embassy of Malaysia in Beijing or the Consulate of Malaysia’s office in Guangzhou.

Social Visit Pass

It is advisable that you get approval of your Student Pass before leaving your country because in case your social pass expires before your Student Pass is approved, you will have to leave and re-enter Malaysia.

Dependent Pass

If you hold a Dependent Pass, you need to submit photocopies of your parent’s or spouse’s passport and work permit to ATC when applying for your Student Pass.

Note that all students and visitors to Malaysia are subject to the Immigration Act 1959/63

Expiry and Extension of Student Pass

It is the responsibility of the students to submit application for Student Pass extension 1 month before the expiry date. Failing to do so may cause you to be compounded for overstaying in Malaysia by The Immigration Department.

Working in Malaysia

The Immigration Department of Malaysia does not allow International students to work while studying in Malaysia

Return Ticket and Proof of Sufficient Funds

You may be required to present proof of your financial ability to finance your studies in Malaysia together with a confirmed return ticket to another destination.

Leaving and Re-entry to Malaysia

When returning to Malaysia from your holiday, please ensure that your Student Pass is still valid for no less than 1 (one) month from the date you re-enter Malaysia. You are advised to inform ATC of your travel plans and the length of your stay abroad.

Renewal of Passport

You are strongly advised to renew your passport at your country’s Embassy, High Commission, Diplomatic, or Consulate Office in Kuala Lumpur in order to facilitate transfer of Student Pass endorsement from your old passport to the new one.

Note: The information above describes the immigration requirements at the time of writing. It is important to check with your local Malaysian Embassy, High Commission or Consulate that this information is still up to date, as immigration rules change from time to time. A useful website where you can check immigration details is


Travel Ticket

While waiting for your Student Pass approval, you may plan and arrange for your travel. Upon receiving confirmation of your Student Pass, you may make your flight reservations.


You may consult your travel agent or airline on luggage requirements and restrictions. Certain types of goods or equipment may not be brought into Malaysia.

What to Bring with You

Clothing. Only professional attire is allowed within the college. You may want to bring casual clothing for daily wear or casual occasions outside the college.

If you need regular medication or if you suffer from any allergy, consider bringing your medical records. If you are bringing any electrical equipment with you, remember that the power supply in Malaysia is 220 – 240 volts / 50 cycle AC system.

Your arrival in Malaysia

Advance Notification

You must notify ATC of your arrival date, time and flight number at least 7 (seven) days in advance in order for us to arrange for accommodation and airport pick-ups.

Arrival / Departure Card

At the entry point, you will need to complete the Arrival / Departure Card (Imm. 26) obtainable at any entry point, Malaysian Representative office abroad, or travel agency.

Airport Pick-up

A representative from ATC will meet you upon your arrival at the Kuala Lumpur International Airport (KLIA). If you arrive on a working day, i.e. Monday to Friday, you will be brought to ATC to meet our Student Services Executives. If you arrive on Saturday or Sunday, you will be taken to your residence.

Living & Getting Around in Malaysia


ATC will assist in arranging accommodation for international students. Accommodation is usually on a twin-sharing basis. If you have special requests or needs concerning accommodation, please notify our Student Services.

Getting Around

Kuala Lumpur, widely known as KL, is the capital city of Malaysia. Petaling Jaya, known as PJ, is the largest neighbouring town. After the first few weeks, you will very likely be familiarised with the city and its people, local life, customs and culture, transport, and places of interest.

Living Costs

It is advisable to plan ahead for your expenses in Malaysia. In addition to tuition fees, costs may at minimum include food, books and stationery, accommodation, clothing, travel, entertainment, healthcare, insurance, visa renewal, etc.


The local currency is Ringgit Malaysia (RM). It is generally easy to convert currencies at the money changers and banks in Malaysia. Most organisations in Malaysia accept major credit cards and some accept travellers’ cheques.

Upon arriving in Malaysia, we advise you to open an account with a local bank. You will need to obtain a letter from our Student Services for this purpose.


You can make phone calls through residential phones, public phone booths, and mobile phones. Communication via email has become quite popular. IDD call cards are available to offer special rates for overseas calls.

Post offices can be found in nearly all towns and neighbourhoods, where you can mail letters, cards, and gifts to your home country. Major courier companies such as DHL, FedEx and UPS operate outside of Malaysia.

For more information about Malaysia,you may refer to the following websites:

Orientation and Assistance

The International Student Centre at our Student Services will be glad to assist you. It will be our pleasure to make you feel at home here. We look forward to welcoming you and wishing you


Orient Edu (0161995)
+60176710207 (Mr Sourov Sultan)


India & Sri Lanka
Akhshaan Services (002593456X)
+60166282599 (Ms Kamachi @ Gaya)