That Advance Tertiary College (ATC) will be internationally recognized as a premier law and business school with a global perspective that educates leaders who will fashion a more humane and just world.
The core mission of ATC is to promote learning in the best of traditions. The college offers undergraduate, graduate and professional students the knowledge and skills needed to succeed as persons and professionals, and the values and sensitivity necessary to be men and women who lead others.
The College will distinguish itself as a diverse, socially responsible learning community of high quality scholarship and academic rigor sustained by a faith in the core values of education. The college will draw from the cultural, intellectual and economic resources of the various countries in which it has a presence enrich and strengthen its educational programs.
The College’s core values include a belief in and a commitment to advancing:
- the freedom and the responsibility to pursue truth and follow evidence to its conclusion;
- learning as a humanizing, social activity rather than a competitive exercise;
- a common good that transcends the interests of particular individuals or groups; and reasoned discourse rather than coercion as the norm for decision making;
- diversity of perspectives, experiences and traditions as essential components of a quality education in our global context;
- excellence as the standard for teaching, scholarship, creative expression and service to the community;
- social responsibility in fulfilling the College’s mission to create, communicate and apply knowledge to a world shared by all people and held in trust for future generations;
- the moral dimension of every significant human choice: taking seriously how and who we choose to be in the world;
- the full, integral development of each person and all persons, with the belief that no individual or group may rightfully prosper at the expense of others;
- a culture of service that respects and promotes the dignity of every person.